DefenderPRO Tough Chainsaw Chaps Arborist Edition with 360 Calf Protection Clipped
Strength re-engineered. DefenderPRO Tough Chainsaw Chaps – 360 Calf Protection Clipped bring together the latest in technical fabric and design to redefine long lasting and rugged. The outer fabric is constructed from a new grade of specially developed nylon, increasing cut and abrasion resistance. Added to this is an oil and water resistant coating. DefenderPRO chaps are tough. They are practical. They are ready to defend.
The DefenderPRO Tough Arborist Edition includes 360 degree calf protection for extra safety.
- Certified by Bureau Veritas NZ Ltd to the Australian and New Zealand standard, AS/NZS 4453.3:1997
- Uses Clogger’s exclusive Arrestex HP chainsaw fabric which is light and breathable with 6 layers of advanced technical chainsaw protection.
- Full front chainsaw protection from waist to the ankle with 360 calf protection
- Split front design for increased freedom of movement
- 1,000 denier, high-tenacity nylon outer covering with oil and water resistance
- Soft poly-cotton interior lining for extra comfort
- Distinctive orange lower leg panel
- 50 mm wide belt with quick release buckle
- Adjustable to a 125 cm waist size with an available 45 cm belt extension
- Suitable for professional use by forestry and other tree workers
- Fits person with inleg: S (68-74 cm), M (74-80 cm) and L (80-86 cm)
Designed and made in Invercargill, New Zealand
THE CLOGGER STORY
Many years ago, there was a little sewing factory in New Zealand. Life was ticking along nicely, and all was well in the world.
Then came an opportunity.
An industry contact asked “Are you interested in making chainsaw clothing? We’ve experimented with it, but the authorities are insisting on compliance to standards. We’re not interested in that. Do you want to take it on?”
That probably became a definitely. It was simply too much of a challenge. Pitting knowledge and know-how of textile and fabric against complex and demanding standards was far too enticing for the technical minds around the Board Room and Factory Floor to resist.
A few blunt pencils, a floor strewn with off-cuts and a few fact-finding missions to various parts of the globe later and by 1994 Clogger was born.
It wasn’t all plain sailing though. The goal was to be extraordinary, becoming the experts in chainsaw protective clothing. Clogger had to deliver something innovative, comfortable and durable. Something amazing. It didn’t happen overnight, but it did happen.
Clogger is now a global specialist in chainsaw protection. Clogger garments protect thousands of professional arborists , tree workers and occasional chainsaw users around the world on the daily basis.